With smart phones, gadgets and internet all around, the traditional method of letter writing seems to be a bygone gesture. But hang on, have it really gone extinct? Personal letters still have the beauty to bring smiles to the receiver. They are usually sent to from one individual to another to talk out issues quite informally. They normally include salutation, inquiries about a friend, news about what’s new in life and a very good closing. Some are apologies, some personal reference, congratulations, invitations and some condolences.
Here are the most important etiquette that need to be followed while writing a personal letter. Have a look at this art of Letter writing:
1. Mention your home address followed by the date at the upper right-hand corner of the first page. There is normally a one or two lines gap between the address and the date.
2. The body of the letter is normally a mixture of sentiments. They normally range from good or bad news, sharing of information, responds to questions asked or news shared etc. Try to keep the tone as positive as possible. Your letter must be able to bring smile to the recipient.
3. Personal letters are divided into different categories such as: Letters with news of misfortune and unhappiness that will leave the receiver worried and miserable; Letters with sharing gossips about someone’s trials and tribulations; and Letters where you pour your heart out.
4. Always end your personal letter in a positive tone. Wind up with complimentary closings such as ‘Sincerely’, ‘Sincerely yours’, ‘Very sincerely’, ‘Very sincerely yours’ etc. Other formal and more intimate closings will be ‘Kind(est) regards’, ‘Warm(est) regards’, ‘Cordially’, ‘Affectionately’, ‘Fondly’, ‘Love’ etc. If you are returning a favor, you my use ‘Gratefully’ and for the ones you are not too close, use ‘As always’ or ‘As ever’.
5. When it comes to signing your letter keep the following things in mind: Sign with your first and last name for someone you never met, Put your last name in parentheses if you have shared some talk over the phone, First name or nickname can be used if you know the recipient very well.
6. These are personal letters. Hence write everything from the heart. Sharing and complimenting help you build relationships and make it stronger. If you may, enclose memento of a shared experience for a better personal bond.
Etiquette to the Art of Apology Letter Writing
Etiquette for Writing Business Letters
Government Official Letter Writing
Letter Writing Etiquette to Catholic Priest
Formal Letter Writing Etiquette
Farewell Letter Writing to Colleagues
Retirement Congratulations Letter Writing
Business Letter Closing
If an appointment has been cancelled and you disagree with it then you can always…
It is important for the companies to define the use of mobile phones at the…
If you are a fresher without any experience and you are looking for a job…
Application for Cash Stuck in CDM Machine
Apology Company Management for Misunderstanding Example