The hiring process has always been a tedious job. Recruiters find it most difficult to notify applicants about their rejection for the position applied for. No one enjoys rejection but since recruiting everyone is not possible you need to send such a letter to inform the application about their interview status. However, it has to be written in a way that the candidate that the candidate does not feel deprived of talent and is able to face other interviews with confidence.
A follow up call to the rejected candidates is the first formal approach that requires taking into account. Most organizations follow this etiquette. The hiring team expresses their gratitude for applying for the position and thanks them for their interview time. They also state that the position has been or will be filled by another candidate.
After the call comes the need of sending an official candidate rejection letter with the same information content as discussed in the call. The letter should be sent immediately after the desirable candidate has been hired or selected for the job.
1. Applicant rejection letter should always be written in the company’s letterhead. And in case you do not have one, create your own letterhead using the company logo and name on it.
2. The candidate should be introduced by name. You may also include a positive trait noticed about him/her in the interview. Make no kind of spelling mistake and clearly mention about the position for which he or she applied.
3. Keep the letter short and precise. Thank them for their time and for showing interest in the firm. Now state the reason of rejection clearly which probably is you settled for someone better qualified and more experienced.
4. Wish the candidate all the luck in the future and keep them open for other potential job openings due in the future that might match their qualification. Always include a statement of goodwill by promoting the optimistic approach. The tone should be professional yet consoling.
5. Write about the good qualities you observed during the interview. Liven their spirit by discussing about their able qualification. Do not let them down rather explain the fact that the person hired was better qualified for the position and not that he/she was rejected for poor qualification..
6. Wish the candidate all the luck in the job hunting process at the end and conclude the letter with a pinch of personal touch.
Rejection of Application Interview Position No Longer Available Letter
Rejection of Bid Letter
Sample Proposal Rejection Letter
Sample Scholarship Rejection Letter
Etiquette to Writing Thank You Email after Job Interview
Letter to bank for Refund the Amount If there is a certain amount that the…
If you need to ask the bank for refund of money for whatever reason then…
Having a healthy lifestyle is very important in present times and if any of your…
Customer satisfaction is one of the most important things and if any of your employee…
Any employee who works hard deserves to be appreciated for all the dedication he has…
If there is an employee in your company who has impressed you with his or…