Professional little writing is different from normal writing. They need to be concise, accurate, unambiguous, logical and above all easily understandable. Effective delivery of information is what counts in the business world. And when it is communicated through writing it holds a different level of significance. Hence, it is crucial to every business personnel to have a good grip in writing reports, emails, letters, faxes, policy documents or contracts that runs in the organization.
Here are the basic etiquette with good tips to help write some of the most influential business pieces:
1. One of the fundamental elements of business writing is to know your audience well. You must be able to speak their language to intrude further. As they say, test the water before you dive in.
2. Ask questions like who are you writing to? What exactly are you planning on writing? Is it a memo, a proposal to a business executive, or a letter to a customer? Different objectives have different style of writing.
3. Another important question you need to ask will be how well your recipient understands English.
4. Will the piece be sent to a single recipient or to many at the same time? In other words, understand your target strength. A note to a co-worker will be different form a memo to a group of executives.
5. How familiar is your recipient to the topic of discussion in written? If they are totally alien to what you intend to discuss about, they will never be able to relate and your purpose won’t be served. Your writing should have a friendly tone as sound as if you are talking to them.
6. You need not be overly formal. Plus it should not be too long or too short. Long pieces fails to grab attention while short ones across as rude as if you want to rush to the point.
7. The style or tone in which you write for professional business purposes differs from message to message and audience to audience. Hence the style you chose to write is crucial.
8. Use of standard grammar rules and proper syntax is the key to successful business writing. Remember that your writing reflects your personality which is quite crucial to any business meeting. Hence play this card safe. Always proofread before sending it out.
9. The information you provide should be factual and honest. You need not exaggerate or lie to bag any deal.
10. Be proactive throughout your writing. Make is provocative in such a way that your purpose is served. Also, there are chances that your writing will not be heard. In those cases, do not lament, your plans will not be hindered. Just move on.
Differences Between Business Letter & Personal Letter
Etiquette in Business Writing Letter
Introduction to Letter Writing Etiquette
Etiquette for Writing Business Letters
Government Official Letter Writing Tips
Letter Writing Etiquette to Catholic Priest
Formal Letter Writing Etiquette
Farewell Letter to Colleagues
Retirement Congratulations Letter Writing
Business Letter Closing
If an appointment has been cancelled and you disagree with it then you can always…
It is important for the companies to define the use of mobile phones at the…
If you are a fresher without any experience and you are looking for a job…
Application for Cash Stuck in CDM Machine
Apology Company Management for Misunderstanding Example