There are no standard formats for writing Christmas letters. This is a season to celebrate and share love and happiness. Few points are mentioned to stand out while writing a Christmas letter that people will actually find relevant and enjoyable to read:
1. Don’t fake – Don’t try to fake, use a writing style that can be associated with you. Let the writing be a part of you and not some strange creations. Be honest and yourself while writing.
2. Be simple-Try to avoid extreme modifiers. When referring to recipients of the letter, avoid using references that are outrageous.
3. Keep in mind your audience – Make the letter you write identify with the lifestyle and locality of the letter’s recipients and not those of your own.
4. Do not brag or exaggerate – State ideas simply and in your own language, presenting things the way they are. Don’t over use the unheard phrases and complicated words.
5. Personalize the letter – This will give them a personal touch. Where possible, add a quick personal note at the bottom of the letter to remind the recipient of what is important to you.